Monday, June 15, 2009

Allow me to bring ya'll up to speed

As I carry the figurative torch in this long line of gene swapping mammals, I find myself walking a path of rather mediocre and mild happenings... thus far.

I faced the usual withdrawal-like symptoms usually reserved for inpatient rehab facilities; nausea, over all bodily discomfort, severe head cold, exhaustion; whilst my body went through the first 3 months of adjustment to hormones, cell division/ replication and such. As of late, thankfully and yet expectantly, I have come to a plateau only to be disrupted by a small violent creature that seems to have lodged itself on my intestines. Chris has felt the full force of the lil bugger one leisurely night on the couch.

Last months doctors visit was the momentous 20 week visit
which followed much the same pattern as the first with comments of "did you eat right before you came in?" and "this is the most active baby I've seen in a while." from the doctor. Amidst the confusing blur of flailing arms and legs Chris and the Doc concurred that they both saw 'dangly bits' attached in an appropriate location. Thus making our name selections much easier. The fetus has kept up a similar pattern at home, work and just about anywhere. Not that I'm complaining, just entertained to have a constant passenger.

Now, with 24 weeks down and another, estimated, 16 weeks to go, everything is smooth sailing. Surely to be disrupted again shortly by the onset of the third trimester.

MORE TO COME!! Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. I hope that you don't want to leave this absolutly beautiful place. I know when I make it over there I'm not ever going to want to leave.

    ReplyDelete